Friday, May 20, 2011

Mexico is Bringing Sexy Back!

The Scone Report: Here are a few tidbits I found amusing this week.

Hey There, Fancy!
There is a fashion trend that has swept Mexico. Described as "half-Aladdin, all Vegas" these very long (some up to 5 feet!), pointy cowboy boots are sexy if not anything else. Seen mostly in clubs and disco's, no one quite knows where they originated from but those without them are realizing it's hard to find a dance partner in their "short" cowboy boots. At $34 per pair they are bought and decorated with glitter, sequins, butterflies, lights or whatever else you can imagine. Although at that price point, the boots are not accessible to everyone and some quick thinking youngsters have taken to making their own out of garden hoses. Move over, Uggs, there is a new boot to hate!


Sexy is officially back!


I'm a Bit of a Foodie

AOL published an article on the "Best and Worst Veggie Burgers for Grilling". They graded the veggie burgers on the following: taste/flavor, texture, aroma, and burger-likeness. I also ran my own test and here are my results.

The 10 Worst Veggie Burger for Grilling
1-10) Any Veggie Burger Ever Made

The 10 Best Veggie Burger for Grilling
1-10) I think it is pronounced "Bacon Double Cheeseburger"



This is one good Veggie Burger


Doodle of the Year!
Today Google named the winner of their "Doodle 4 Google" contest. Out of 107,000 entries, it was Mateo Lopez, age 7, whose drawing took the top spot and is now on display on Googles' home page.



Ok, I guess


Although Lopez was up against some stiff competition, he did not encounter the artistic talent of a younger me (age 7).

Sadly, this self portrait is better than you think

Its All in the Details!

As soon as I get around to publishing my coffee table book on mailboxes in Los Angeles, this one will be on the cover.
The genius of this is that it belongs to a 5 bedroom, brick house with a pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment