Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prom

There a few catch phrases that are over used and really getting under my skin. They are in no particular order.

1. ".......Just sayin'...."
2. "That's what I'm talking about" (usually followed by a high five or fist pump)
3. "Winning" (usually spoken by a deranged former TV sitcom star who is doing anything but)
4. "I volunteered us to chaperon prom"


Stop! Play prom inspired video below for dramatic effect and continue reading.



I heard #4 for the first time last night. This is the conversation that followed:
(Just a reminder that Brock coaches and teaches at all boys Catholic school.)

Me: Why would you do that?
Brock: You don't have to go if you don't want to....
Me: Who else is chaperoning?
Brock: Well, so far there's me......and you......Oh, its on a boat in Marina del Rey that should be fun....
Me: ..........(blank stare)......
Brock: You look pretty.

Exactly how I am going to wear my hair

1 comment:

  1. Hahah! Take it from someone who has been the stepmother of a teenager (who btw, has also lived with us for the last four years), you'll have so much FUN! (please commence in trying to decipher if you are sensing any sarcasm in my comment.....just sayin'....lol)

    ReplyDelete