Friday, January 13, 2012

People's Choice Awards

It's awards season and you know what that means! I will be handing out my Best Dressed and Worst Dressed Awards for each of the awards shows. Yes, its true, I have no fashion training and yes, my comments may be pedestrian and way off base, but my eyes like what they like and hate what they hate.

People's Choice Awards
(I apologize in the delay but I had no idea this was on Wednesday. In other news Top Chef's Restaurant Wars was riveting!)

What I Liked
Not much really.

Ginnifer Goodwin
Except for church bells for sleeves, I loved the color, the fit, the make-up and especially the hair.


Faith Hill
I love high necks and halter style tops. She looks great.


Kaley Cucoa
I believe she was the host of the show and I'm sure she had several changes but I thought the color went well with her skin tone and I think the dress had the right amount of embellishment although I might have pulled her hair back.


Julianne Hough
Love the color. This fits perfectly. The shoes are great. Big flowy hair-yes, yes, a million times yes! Only criticism is that I think she dates Ryan Seacrest.



Explain to Me Why I Like This
(New Category)

Kelly Osbourne
Each award show there is always one or two dresses that everyone hates but that I love and I don't know why. I love this. I love the top, I love the long skirt, I love that stripe down the front. Although I don't like the hair color (too grey) I love the style. Go figure.



What I Didn't Like
(Evidently, a lot)

Lucy Hale
WTF?


Vanessa Hudgens
Too cob webb-y.


Jennifer Lawrence
It's weird, I was wearing this same dress yesterday while I was running errands and the people at Wal-Mart and Jiffy Lube didn't care for it either. At least that's what their stares conveyed.


Carly Chaikin
No, no, no, no


Jennifer Morrison
A plant from the 1970's  called, its wants its macrame hanger back.


Tracy Gold
I love muscular women and its obvs that she has been working out, but I would rather see her in a cap sleeve (go ahead and roll your eyes) and a little more length on the dress and/or something that would elongate her.


Alyson Hannigan
Ok, this one is hard. I love redheads in red-although I never do and probably never will. This doesn't work for me: the color, the hair, the make up, the pattern on the dress. I don't like any of it. This makes her look much older than she is and I find it uninspired.



Oh, what was I wearing for the People's Choice Awards?
I was stunning in my TJMaxx Jeans with back pocket embellishment, button down white JCrew oxford with 3/4 sleeve, blue and white striped Gap T over the top and Nike Flip Flops. Make-up was minimal with mascara and bronzer. Hair was big, red and fabulous, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment