Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The American Music Awards

Thanks to my discerning taste in clothing, I present you my fashion likes and dislikes of the 2011 American Music Awards.**

Likes

Jenny McCarthy
I loved the dress, the color, the shoes, the pockets, the fact that she is almost 40. The make-up was little to severe for my taste.


Nicki Minaj
Considering that she is usually dressed in candy wrappers and tinsel, I thought this was a classy step in the right direction.




Taylor Swift
I seriously don't get her. I know she is extremely popular and inexplicably nice (Kanye West) albeit clingy to (ex) boyfriends. Generally, I don't find her look all that interesting but I thought the hair and dress looked nice together and I the green pop of jewelry was nice surprise (I know, that last sentence I wrote made me roll my eyes too).



Selena Gomez
I'm torn here. Although not a huge fan of metallics, I thought Selena Gomez looked nice. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for her lady servant. Whoever, advised her on the velvet suit should be ashamed of themselves.


Dislikes

Kraven (if that in fact is his real name)
I can't decide what's more obnox, the bedazzled suit or the douchey pose.


Chaka Khan
I will say after I realized this wasn't Diana Ross, I did find this look to be a little more likable....if that's even possible.


Jennifer Lopez
Usually, she looks stunning. I prefer her Fiat commercial look.


Pheobe Price
First of all, I don't know who this is. Second of all, I think this dress looks awful on her.  Thirdly, distracting us with that hat/fascinator was good in theory but poorly executed.


**I'm neither an expert in fashion or music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment