Monday, October 24, 2011

I Am Benjamin Buttons

The youthful, Benjamin Buttons

As most of you know I am in my late 30's (so late that some might consider me to be in my 40's, those people I refer to as "wackos").  Anyway, with the passing of each year I have discovered different things you can do to look and feel younger than your years may indicate. Here are things I do to keep looking and acting young.

1). I eat healthy. Unless of course, I am sitting at McDonald's eating a super-size fry and 20 piece McNugget, which is only 2-3 times a week.

2). I always eat vegetables. I mentioned the McDonald fries in #1 or as I like to refer to them, Healthy Sticks.

3). I always eat fruit. Ketchup is made of tomatoes, tomatoes are a fruit and what do you dip your Healthy Sticks in? Ketchup, duh.

4). I get 8 hours of sleep per night. If you can't get 8 hours of sleep just do everything half ass for 16 hours, its just like resting. Your body will thank you, your boss....not so much.

5). I avoid the sun. If you think I'm joking, you should see me in shorts.

6). I shop at Forever 21. Dressing 15-20 younger is a great way to look and stay youthful. I'm pretty sure 75% of you can pull that off.

7). I exercise. Unless I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, even then though, I at least try to think about exorcising.

8). I own carnival mirrors. Not the fat ones, the tall skinny ones.

9). I drive fast. I race up and down my street avoiding stop signs, generally around 7:45am and 2:45pm. Wait a second, that's not me......that's actual young people that attend the school across the street. I'm actually the one calling and complaining to the school administration.

10). I listen to rap music. Not 80's rap but the hard core gangsta rap that kids listen to these days. For added youthful effect played at loud volumes while driving around town.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you only ate fruit. I also remember the day that a chicken breast and BBQ sauce came out. It was the beginning of the end (and the preview to mcnuggets)

    ReplyDelete